• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bk994

My ex husband became involved in a credit card scam (after the divorce was final), and is being sued by a number of parties. To complicate things further, he recently declared bankrupcy. I found out yesterday, contrary to my initial understanding, that I am listed as a "co-debtor" in two of his accounts. I am worried I will be obligated to pay should he be found guilty and not be able to pay up.

Before he filed for bankrupcy, I was told there was only a minor possibility that they would come after me. Now, I am concerned it might be a certainty, and we're talking an extremely large amount of money should he be found guilty.

Should I be concerned? Is there anything I can do to protect myself after the fact (aside from hiring a lawyer)?

(we both live in Las Vegas, NV)

D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">