• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card usage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shelman44

What is the name of your state? tn

my wife used my name to secure credit cards without my permisson. we are estrange at this time. is this criminal and what can i do about correcting this mistake?

S

Shelman44

no, i never used the card, hell i didn't know she had it until about a couple of weeks ago, when they called about a late payment.

S

Shelman44

no, i have been trying to get in contact with a live body at one of the credit card company. i am here trying to find out if she has done something illegal or if i am just another fool!

S

Shelman44

hey thanks for the replies, but i am going to sleep now, i work from 9pm too 5:30am. she used these cards for something that has cause me to file for divorce, but it is costing alot for a lawyer, because it my word over hers. i think my luck has changed because of the credit cards. i am just trying to find out! i will check back around 5pm when i get up.

dequeendistress

You could request a copy of the initial application for the credit card and a copy of all the charges incurred on the card...give this to your attorney...maybe your attorney can use this to clarify why all the bills in association with this credit card are hers and have the divorce decree state that no part of that debt is your responsibility.

Note; I would make all requests in writing to the Creditor, keep a copy and mail RRR.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">