• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit for time on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donnieroyce

I have a conviction with a mandatory minimum 90 day jail sentence. Sentence was suspended and I was given Drug Diversion. I had a probation violation on this charge in which I was given a 30 day jail sentence.

I have been terminated from diversion. I am going to appear in court and turn myself in. I know that I will have to do the 90 days.

Will the 30 days that I did for the probation violation be credited against the 90 days (do you get credit for time spent on probation?)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnieroyce:
I have a conviction with a mandatory minimum 90 day jail sentence. Sentence was suspended and I was given Drug Diversion. I had a probation violation on this charge in which I was given a 30 day jail sentence.

I have been terminated from diversion. I am going to appear in court and turn myself in. I know that I will have to do the 90 days.

Will the 30 days that I did for the probation violation be credited against the 90 days (do you get credit for time spent on probation?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

No. You only get credit for time served while you're actually behind bars.

You just couldn't stay out of trouble, could you. Keep it up . . . you're on your way to "3 Strikes".

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 31, 2000).]

D

donnieroyce

I am actually a drug addict and no longer in denial about it. I want to quit and I've come to the realization that 90 days in jail is the only way that I'm going to be able to do it even though jail is the last place I want to be. I've been fighting this jail sentence for a long time.

I don't know what kind of jails you've been in but I've never seen or known about that “bull****” that your talking about happening in - only on TV or Hollywood movies.

I asked a straightforward question and I don't appreciate your “rude” remarks. Thats not the the way a guest should be treated on your website. You should leave the judging to the judge.

This will be the last time I visit “Ask a Lawyer.”

FORMER MEMBER

[This message has been edited by MikeS (edited November 02, 2000).]

M

maxi

Good for you !!! its good to hear that you realize the only way to get clean is to do it this way and i command you for it .Even though i dont do drugs i do understand what you are going thru .I put my own son behind bars just so he can get clean and i hope he stays that way when he gets out .Please do the right thing and dont worry about some of the comments being made here .Not all of us feel that way .Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">