• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this a crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crystalcarr

can i goto jail for this

What is the name of your state? california

this lady gave me money to get a car registered that was in impound and i know someone who works for the dmv so we went to meet the lady and gave her the money since she does it for cheaper on her own time and she never came back with the paper work and shes avoiding us now the lady who gave us the money wants her money back and we dont have it and shes threatning to have us arrested now can she have us arrested or is it civil???

crystal:confused:

Last edited:

stephenk

so you went to the dmv to register the car. you gave the money to the lady at the dmv. she gave you a receipt and the registration, right? so what is the problem?

C

crystalcarr

no

no shes a lady we know who does it for cheaper and shes a friend of my dads so we met her at her place and gave her the money and she said she'd drop the papers off at our house and never did

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">