• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a crime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KDW

I was recently at a business where the owner and employees had been drinking while working on a vehicle, when they came out to help me they smelt of alcohol and were speaking of a weapon that is stored in the shop in case they are robbed. My question is is it a gainst the law to have alcohol at a business? and if so how would you report it? Also I know that the owner is under a Restraining order and probation not to have firearms and he has an unregistered gun, I am worried about the people that have the restraining order, they may end up getting hurt. IS there somewhere you can turn in the fact he is in possession of a gun? I am in San Francisco, CA

M

Mikedani

In regards to the possible gun,
Call the probation dept. and get ahold of his probation officer. They should be able to search his place of business anytime they want, it depends on his "conditions of probation", but at the very least you can let them know what you heard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">