• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crimes committed under duress of a death threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dudley

Is there anyone who has heard of or knows about state law or cases that have occurred under California Law that would protect a person from prosecution and conviction if a crime they committed was done soley because of a written or otherwise threats of violence and ultimate death?

In otherwords...I would appreciate any cases or laws concerning crimes committed under duress.

Thanks

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

There are many dudley. You need to define duress and the type of crime.

Being under duress to kill another human being doesn't excuse that person in most cases. It would mitigate or lessen the charge, though.

Try this site for those california cases, if you can't find any, march down to your local law library:
http://www.findlaw.com/cacases/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">