• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Background Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NJ

Can someone run a criminal background check on you based on your birth date and name only?

Better yet, and if that's possible (I have a feeling it is, since a cop can do that when he pulls you over), why is it that one time I had a state wide background check performed and it came back clear and some other time a misdeameanor (theft) charge showed up? Are there different sources for running it or is it a matter of someone physically going down to a local court and looking up the misd. record? Please help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not all background checks are created equal. How much shows up depends on how thorough the party running the check wants to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">