• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal background/voter registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

electrofreak

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I have a past criminal record which I was led to believe was a felony. My mother works for the court for Arizona where the offense occured. She recently checked into my records and could not find any evidence of a felony conviction. When discharged from probation in 1999, I was told that if I didn't pay the remainder of my court fees that my undesignated class 6 felony may or may not be upheld as felony. Since my mother found no evidence of this in my records, am I to believe that I have no felony. If so would it be OK for me to register to vote or own a firearm. Not knowing if what the offense is designated as, if I register to vote or apply for a firearm would I be arrested for trying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">