• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal case??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerseygirl86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My husband was employed for 21 years and was last president of a company who was recently purchased. They decided they didn't need him and fired him saying he had unauthorized charges on his credit card. Note: the card was his personal card that the company paid. The company filed criminal charges against him for $88,000. My husband admitted $3500 were his and they were paid back either in cash or by not turning in other receipts he was due. In the 21 years he was at the company including the two with the new owners there was never a policy of not using company cards for personal use. The previous owner also attested to this. Now the police have filed charges against him for the $3500 he said he charged.

How can he be arrested if there is no company policy against using the card for personal use and he paid it back. Everyone keeps telling us they don't know how the prosecutor is proceeding with this. I should mention that when he left they gave him a document saying that if he signed a non compete they wouldn't pursue charges against him. Now that he is with another company and taken millions of dollars in business away they pressed charges and are making up lies about him bad mouthing the previous company. In fact they made a demand of $75,000 to this tune.

ANY advice would be most appreciated!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">