• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Damage to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justme911

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA I was charged with Felony, "Criminal Damage to Property" back in the mid 80's. I was informed I had committed this crime one night and arrested. Nothing ever came of it, after I told them to prove it! What can I do to have it removed?

FlyingRon

O.C.G.A. § 35-3-37(d) (1) allows for the expungement of arrest charges by a local law enforcement agency when certain conditions are met (as outlined in this statute). If approved by the local arresting agency, and the appropriate prosecutor, the arrest cycle is sealed on the Georgia criminal history report by GCIC. Access to that arrest information is restricted to criminal justice agencies only. The arrest is expunged in its entirety from the FBI criminal history record.

The following are examples of final court dispositions that may qualify: Dismissed: Not Presented to Grand Jury: No Further Action Anticipated; Nolle Prossed/Prosequi; Dead Docket; or No Record on File. All applications must be approved or denied by the appropriate prosecutor.

To apply for the local record expungement, contact the arresting law enforcement agency to obtain an application for Local Record Expungement. The request for expungement form is a three-part form:

* Section One - You will complete Section One and return to the arresting agency.
* Section Two - Completed by the arresting agency that forwards the request to the appropriate prosecutor (District Attorney or Solicitor).
* Section Three - Completed by the prosecutor who will approve or deny the request.
* Once the prosecutor completes their portion, they will forward the complete form to GCIC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">