• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal damage warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

heatherdoll

My husband and I had a split for a while and he lived with a woman who had her previous boyfriend arrested.She never really left him and when husband found out he broke a window in her house and as I understand it wrote on the walls.a freind cleaned this up but couln't fix the window. Now we live 500 miles away and found out that for this He has a warrant of10,000 for this. How do we clear this up without having to go all the way back to califoria?

H

hannah jo

If there is a warrant out for his arrest, the only way to clear the warrant is to answer to the charges. He shold contact a criminal defense attorney in the state where the warrant was issued to clear this matter up. With a warrant outstanding - any stop by the police, including for a traffic ticket, will cause him to be detained and probably incarcerated at least until they can contact California authorities to see if CA wants to extradite. This is a noose that will hang around his neck until resolved by answering to the charges.

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">