• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal damaging

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

perkins101802

Ohio

Me and Dave were eating at a perkins one night. He saw a girl he knew at another table. They got into a short verbal argument. They calmed down for a while, but then Dave started making fun of one of the girl's friends. The girl and one other guy she was with threw their plates and cups at Dave. The damage totaled $413. I did not damage one item in the restaurant. I did not say one word at all to the people at the other table the entire time I was in the restaurant. All I did was sit there at the same table with Dave and witness what happened. I was charged with criminal damaging (knowingly causing or creating a substantial risk of physical harm to property.) The girl and the one guy at the other table were the only ones who actually broke stuff, and Dave partially instigated it. How can I be charged with this??? Please tell me I will not get screwed and be liable for these damages. PLEASE HELP ME!!!:confused:

HomeGuru

perkins101802 said:
Ohio

Me and Dave were eating at a perkins one night. He saw a girl he knew at another table. They got into a short verbal argument. They calmed down for a while, but then Dave started making fun of one of the girl's friends. The girl and one other guy she was with threw their plates and cups at Dave. The damage totaled $413. I did not damage one item in the restaurant. I did not say one word at all to the people at the other table the entire time I was in the restaurant. All I did was sit there at the same table with Dave and witness what happened. I was charged with criminal damaging (knowingly causing or creating a substantial risk of physical harm to property.) The girl and the one guy at the other table were the only ones who actually broke stuff, and Dave partially instigated it. How can I be charged with this??? Please tell me I will not get screwed and be liable for these damages. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

**A: I refuse to believe that you were completely innocent.
Please tell us more.

P

perkins101802

reply to 1st response

No, I literally did not say or do a thing. I have 2 witnesses, plus Dave that know I did not say or do a thing other than sit there and hope that Dave and the girl would stop arguing. It was 3 in the morning, and I was half asleep. Dave and the girl and one guy she was with were the only ones talking. All of a sudden the girl started throwing things at Dave. It happened so fast, I was in shock. There were 3 other guys at their table who didn't say or do a thing, and there were 2 other guys at my table who didn't say or do a thing. That makes 9 total people between the two tables. 2 people actually broke stuff. Dave partially instigated it. And somehow, 5 out of the 9 people at the tables were charged with this. I was one of them. Any other questions that you have I will be more than happy to answer.

calatty

If you have witnesses that can testify you did not participate and the police have no witnesses who will say that you did, then you should plead "not guilty" and dispute the charge. If there are witnesses who say you did participate, then all you can do is get a lawyer to negotiate the best deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">