• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal law 2 counts of delivery of controlled substances 4 grams each

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debic

My only nephew who is 35 years of age was recently arrested and charged with 2 counts of "delivery of controlled substances 4 grams each" Bail is set at $35,000.00 for each charge. This is his first offense. He is being held in the Dallas County Texas Jail (Lew Sterrett).What exactly does the term "delivery" mean in Legal terms. I am aware of what "Webster" defines as delivery.
How serious is this? Is it possible that he may receive probation & rehab since it is indeed his first offense? Or, if not, what may be his fate? He has no money and cannot afford an attorney in the private sector. Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated...even though it may not be what we would like to hear. Thank your so much for your attention/response to this matter.
Also, how do I become a registered user?

B

bmtaylor

This may or may not be helpful, but here goes. My fiancee (age 44) was arrested in Cleburne, TX 16 mo. ago for first offense possession of controlled substance with intent to deliver. (His parole is now set for July, 2001). I believe delivery means he had "x" amount, i.e. grams, ounces, etc. on his person and either sold them to an undercover cop or a confidential informant for the police (a snitch). My fiancee had 13 grams in his pocket when the police busted in the door at the house he was at. He had not sold any of the controlled substance (speed) so they got him for "intent" to deliver. First offense and all, Randy's mom and I shelled out over 3,500.00 to a well known lawyer down in Cleburne (southwest of Ft. Worth) and it did precious little good. You are going to have to pay, and pay a lot of money I am afraid in order for your nephew to have much chance of getting off with less than a couple of years. This has been an awful experience for us (his family). Good luck dear.

K

Karrys_angel

I too can sympathize with both of you, my husband was set up by one of his buyers and arrested and charged with delivery of a controlled substance , conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance w/intent to deliver & simultaneous possission of drugs and firearm. We luckly were able to plea bargin with the prosecuting attorney and they dropped the simultaneous, and he was only charged with possession w/intent (15grams) and each of these charges carry a 10 yr minimum so he could have been sentenced to 20 years but gave him 10 years and suspended 5 yrs. He went to county jail in July of 1999, sent to Brickey unit, went to boot camp in Wrightsville but didn't make it, from there he was sent to Cummins, and he was released in August 2000 on the EPA (emergency powers act) which is for the overcrowding in prisons. I have been here for him throughout this and if I hadn't been I know he wouldn't have made it out of there. The prisioners who do not have family on the out side to help them, well they give up, and they fall between the cracks inside those prison walls. The one thing my husband could have done to lessen the sentence or even keep him from going was to cooperate with the police, and he did not. If you have any questions or just want to talk let me know through this site. Keep your chin up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">