• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal law check and bank fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marytodd

ATM withdrawals and bank fraud: does anyone know if a bank can differentiate pin numbers? i was executor of my father's estate; my soon to be ex husband took a $60,000. irs refund that was mailed to me, with 'the estate of--------- my dad's name" under my name, and he deposited it into our joint checking account. this was back in 10/98. The cpa for the estate discovered this in 5/01 when he was reconciling the estate account and preparing to close it. We put a tracer on the check with the irs; they said it was, indeed deposited and had gone through our joint account. I contacted bank fraud people at the bank, they sent me all the bank statements from then to the present; it looks like my ex siphoned out all the money by making 5-6 daily atm withdrawals. he has a high-powered expensive atty; i have a friend doing mine. I took it to a jury and narrowly lost; now we have been to trial several times and I am probably going to be stuck with making at least partial restitution, along with my ex. the bank may be held liable, too, for depositing such a large check, unendorsed, written to an estate and deposited into a personal account. Can someone help? my personal email address is: [email protected] - i can't seem to get any post replies on these threads. Please let me know if you have any ideas, as my atty sure doesn't.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">