• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal mischief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

udahs66

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Penna.
My 23 yr old son lives at home and is unemployed. He is diabetic and on meds for depression. 2 weeks ago him and his buddy used a slingshot to break the neighbors window and damage his siding. No appaqrent reason. What shpuld he do when he goes in front of the District Magistrate? Can he offer to pay half the damages? Thanx!

HomeGuru

udahs66 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Penna.
My 23 yr old son lives at home and is unemployed. He is diabetic and on meds for depression. 2 weeks ago him and his buddy used a slingshot to break the neighbors window and damage his siding. No appaqrent reason. What shpuld he do when he goes in front of the District Magistrate? Can he offer to pay half the damages? Thanx!
**A: good grief, how old are you and are you also on meds? Here is what he should do; tell the truth, plead guilty and offer to pay for 100% of the damages.

deblack

state: Texas
he doesn't plead nothing to the magistrate they are the ones to set the bond when you are incarcenated! is he in jail? my soon had a criminal mischief and one pending! if he is in jail they will magistrate him set him a bond that he can bond and get out but, if you have no money for an attorney it is best he stay there so they can court appoint him one. then if he gets out sometimes they can make you pay for that court appointed attorney. you did not say who is filing the charges the state or the neighbor? i can tell you right now he want be just paying half he will be paying ALL of it plus maybe probation with a probation fee monthly! restitution fees and most likely maybe a fine and courtcost! they will keep in busy he want have time for any more BS!

Bravo8

Deblack, keep in mind that different states operate differently.

In PA, certain low-level offenses (classified as "Summary Offenses") are processed at the local Magistrate level. Depending on the monetary amount of the damage, Criminal Mischief may be a Summary Offense, and therefore the Magistrate will hear the case.

deblack

bravo8

no doubt you are right. it makes since to how much damage was done. i wish you would read my post and give me your thoughts bravo8. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">