• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal mischief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amramf36

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?AR ...If a person is convicted of criminal mischief, is it a felony. Can a person sue the convicted if property damage occurred, such as a house being burned down?

ENASNI

well

amramf36 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?AR ...If a person is convicted of criminal mischief, is it a felony. Can a person sue the convicted if property damage occurred, such as a house being burned down?
Need some more info... do you have it.

Are you the victim or the Torch?

amramf36

ENASNI said:
Need some more info... do you have it.

Are you the victim or the Torch?
Victim, the law enforcement said it would be hard to prove arson in this case unless he stated intent.

ENASNI

eek

Poor YOU!
Can you give any more details. There are some lawyers on here that may be able to let you know if you have a civil case.
I am not a lawyer... I just help the posters either make a boob of themselves (not in your case)
or get the information across so they can help.
Don't make it too long though.
Just pertinent stuff... They may actually help (me too, I am a champion googler.. won 2 bronze medals) to find out if you can see what the charge is (misdemeanor, felony whatnot... if it matters) If it was a minor if the parents are responsible and so forth.... and so on
So details... my dear poster. details...if you want replies with details!

amramf36

ENASNI said:
Poor YOU!
Can you give any more details. There are some lawyers on here that may be able to let you know if you have a civil case.
I am not a lawyer... I just help the posters either make a boob of themselves (not in your case)
or get the information across so they can help.
Don't make it too long though.
Just pertinent stuff... They may actually help (me too, I am a champion googler.. won 2 bronze medals) to find out if you can see what the charge is (misdemeanor, felony whatnot... if it matters) If it was a minor if the parents are responsible and so forth.... and so on
So details... my dear poster. details...if you want replies with details!
All I know right now is, the house was broken into, a person was making drugs, and a fire was started during the drug making process and the house was burned down. The person is 23 y/o and the fire investigator stated he will probably be charged with 1st degree criminal mischief.

ENASNI

Wow

Making drugs... and B & E and burned down a house and all he got was
1st degree criminal mischief?

Look I am pretty dang sure you can go civil all over his butt, and I think there is a way to find out in public records if it is a felony or what.

Just seems there is more to this story...

S

seniorjudge

Ark. Code Ann. Sec. 5-38-203(a) states:

A person commits the offense of criminal mischief in the first degree if he purposely and without legal justification destroys or causes damage to:

(1) any property of another[.]

D.Criminal mischief in the first degree is a Class C felony or a Class A misdemeanor.

E. Ark. Code Ann. Sec. 5-38-204(a) states:

A person commits criminal mischief in the second degree if he:

(1) recklessly destroys or damages any property of another; or

(2) purposely tampers with any property of another, thereby causing substantial inconvenience to the owner or some other person.

F.Criminal mischief in the second degree is a Class D felony, a Class A misdemeanor, or a Class B misdemeanor.

amramf36

seniorjudge said:
Ark. Code Ann. Sec. 5-38-203(a) states:

A person commits the offense of criminal mischief in the first degree if he purposely and without legal justification destroys or causes damage to:

(1) any property of another[.]

D.Criminal mischief in the first degree is a Class C felony or a Class A misdemeanor.

E. Ark. Code Ann. Sec. 5-38-204(a) states:

A person commits criminal mischief in the second degree if he:

(1) recklessly destroys or damages any property of another; or

(2) purposely tampers with any property of another, thereby causing substantial inconvenience to the owner or some other person.

F.Criminal mischief in the second degree is a Class D felony, a Class A misdemeanor, or a Class B misdemeanor.
Thanks, I just found the same information on the internet, what a wonderful tool (sometimes). Looks like I might have a ccase .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">