• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Mischief rd Degree, Claa E Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BJD121110

Ok so here is the background. Any advice will help...

I became really intoxicated, my wife thought i was cheating on her and she started packing her things and said she was leaving. I went outside, ripped the windshield wiper off of the car and broke the windshields with it. The police came, i was put in cuffs and taken in

They told my wife that she should authorize a "conditional order of protection" that would state I just could not drink around her. She asked them not to do anything that would effect my career (I am US Military Enlisted with a Security Clearence and a high profile job) and they told her they needed to take me to make sure i sobered up

Well i wake up in the morning with a full blown order of protection and a Criminal Mischief in the 3rd Degree Class E Felony. I saw the judge later that day, he advised i get a Lawyer and then released me, no bail posted

I did not qualify for a free attorney and i have less than $100 in my asccount right now, so I will be doing it alone on Monday. The court told my wife to go in on Monday to see if she could get the order lifted as well

What I have done in response: Called FROM JAIL same day I was arrested and set up an appointment to get the windshields replaced same day and paid for them from there. I also am talking to my Superiors for info on the Army Substance Abuse Program. I am being as proactive as possible

What do you think the outcome will be. I WILL NOT have representation. Does this case sound like it may be ACD or dropped, or could i be looking at Jail time. Will my Military Service and upcoming afghanistan deployment, no prior record or arrests, alcohol related and proof i am going to go to a program, the fact that my wife wants the order lifted and charges dropped help me?

what do i do?

cyjeff

We cannot predict the future.

We don't know what will happen. We can tell you that this is a very serious charge... serious enough for you to start selling stuff to get enough money for a lawyer.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Maybe I am clueless but what state is this? Sounds like a New York charge, but it would be nice to confirm. If it is NY then where exactly and how is it that you can't get a public defender?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">