• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

strsnmyiz

What is the name of your state? Texas
Since my husband's attorney cannot seem to obtain access to his criminal background, I'm wondering if there is any way I can. I am talking about the same record (NCIC?) that the district attorney has. There seems to be erroneous information. Thank you

M

Mike101

NCIC you are not going to be able to get. Doing it county by county might be an option if there are not to many of them.

JETX

Your attorney CAN get a copy of his criminal record. This can be done several ways....

- by his attorney simply requesting it from the prosecution (DA), or
- by going to any law enforcement agency with his name, SSN and date of birth, or
- by purchasing from the TX DPS.

"DPS can respond to requests for criminal history and sex offender registration information submitted in several formats:

* Web site inquiries.
* Written, paper requests using alphanumeric identifiers only.
* Written, paper requests that include fingerprint cards.
* Written and paper requests for the entire database of criminal convictions, deferred adjudications and /or sex offender registrations.
* Written, paper inquiries from individuals for their own, entire criminal history files."
Go to: http://records.txdps.state.tx.us/accountinfo.cfm

Last edited:
M

Mike101

NCIC is for National Criminal Informationm Center. If that is what you are looking for you are not going to get it. That is run by the FBI and they don't do criminal checks for the general public.

JETX

Mike, she was asking for his criminal record and not specifically the NCIC record. (She only mentioned NCIC as a reference to a criminal history... see the ? after it??).

M

Mike101

Yes I noticed that ? mark. I also noticed that she wanted the same thing that the DA would have. The DA will have a complete records check. The DA should be curious is the defendant has committed other crimes in other states. Therefore the way to find that out is through NCIC. A records check from TX DPS is not going to show the crimes that may have been committed in other states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">