• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Record shows being accomplice in theft at workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohiopk1

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My friend has a record from being an accomplice in some theft at a previous workplace. He was 18 at the time and it's been 2 1/2 years. He paid back his part and served his time of community service and probation. He wants to get a job that is through the government. The theft charge is NOT on his record but accomplice is. Is this something that will cause him to not get the job after an FBI check? Or should he try to get it expunged? Also if it does get expunged, is it cleared even at the level of the FBI or just at the level of local background checks? Please help we need this info asap as the job opportunity is coming up soon.

Heather2

ohiopk1 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

My friend has a record from being an accomplice in some theft at a previous workplace. He was 18 at the time and it's been 2 1/2 years. He paid back his part and served his time of community service and probation. He wants to get a job that is through the government. The theft charge is NOT on his record but accomplice is. Is this something that will cause him to not get the job after an FBI check? Or should he try to get it expunged? Also if it does get expunged, is it cleared even at the level of the FBI or just at the level of local background checks? Please help we need this info asap as the job opportunity is coming up soon.
I'm pretty sure they will see his record whether it is expunged or not. When I worked for the gov't they knew everything about my past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">