• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal records from 2001

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

liza5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I recently filled out an application to volunteer at my child's school and was declined because of a criminal record.

In 2001 the state of Missouri sent me a letter asking me to provide proof of insurance. At the time I thought it was just silly because a week before I had just tagged my vehicle and provided proof of insurance then. Needless to say I disregarded the letter.

I was stopped a few months latter and the officer told me that my license was coming back suspended but they couldn't get any information why it was suspended so he recommended I go to the license bureau and find out why. I did and the license bureau told me that they were showing no record of a suspension.

A few months later I was stopped again and arrested for driving on a suspended license. The arresting officer could not tell me why my license was suspended. I posted bond and hired a lawyer and about a week later found out that my license was suspended because of this letter.

I paid the lawyer $1,500 to go to court. I went but never went into the courtroom. He came out and told me it would be filed as defective equipment and I would never have to worry about it again.

It's currently showing on my criminal record as suspended license amended to faulty equipment. I cannot get any information as to why my license was suspended to begin with. I obtained copies of the criminal docket sheet today and there is no record of my lawyer even appearing with me. Also, on casenet there is no record of a lawyer appearing and it does not show as a criminal charge on casenet.

I'm at a total loss of what to do. I honestly can't afford to hire another lawyer and have no clue where the lawyer I used has gone to. I can't remember his name only the location of his office where he is no longer located. At the very least I need proof of why my license was suspended to take to the school board but my hope is to find a way to have this removed from criminal records.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">