• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal trespassing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bgregg

What is the name of your state? Ohio
In Feb, 2003. I was banned from entering a hospital. I used to work there and was snooping in another dept for exponged drugs. This past Nov. a police officer came to my house questioning me, stating that a housekeeper saw me in the hospital. He said if I confess, he would go "easy" on me. I denied being there. He said he would get back to me after reviewing the hospital's security tapes. 2 weeks later he called me, once at home and once at work. I returned his call on 4 seperate occasions, leaving him voice-mail messages. 4 months later, I get pulled over for speeding and I am told that there is a warrant out for me? I got served papers to appear in court this April 6, 2004, for criminal trespassing m-4. What will happen to me? Yes, I am a recovering alcoholic/addict, been sober and clean for 15 months. I had a heart attack a year ago and now I have an "arrythmia" problem along with an internal defibullator in my chest. It has gone off twice this past year. My heart is so unstable, that if I miss one dose of my meds, I go into cardiac arrest. There is absolutely no way I would even consider taking drugs or a drink......it is certain death for me. This whole thing has me so stressed that I am starting to have PVC's and skipping beats? What should I do. Will they send me to jail.

JETX

" In Feb, 2003. I was banned from entering a hospital. I used to work there and was snooping in another dept for exponged drugs."
*** Based solely on this fact, you could be charged with criminal trespass if the hospital wants to bring charges against you. However, without knowing your previous criminal history, if one, no one here can 'divine' what punishment you might get.

O

oberauerdorf

And you didn't think to ask an attorney in your area who can subpoena the tape, the police report and all other documents to review?

B

bgregg

Can the police officer charge me or does it have to be the hospital?

JETX

"Can the police officer charge me or does it have to be the hospital?"
*** The hospital would file the complaint with the police and they would investigate to determine if there is sufficient evidence to support their claim of criminal trespass. If so, then the DA would issue a warrant for your arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">