• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ali Sabet

What is the name of your state? CA
This may sound like home owner insruance issue but it is not.
I filed a claim with my insurance due to water damage from my roof. The adjustor came and decided that the roof damage is not covered and they gave me an estimate.

a month, there were disputes with them about the estimate because the damage increased in the house.
they sent the adjustor where I showed him the damage.
Then few days later they sent a "professional roof inspector" not in my presense or without asking me to inspect my roof.
Would that be considered trespassing, is it equivlanat to entering my house while no body is home.
By the way, they never asked me to send someone to inspect my roof.

Can I file criminal trespassing against the "professional roof inspector", the insurance comany and their agent?
If so, what would be the sentence in such case?

Thank you

insurance

Trespassing usually requires the element of HARM be proved. Example. A car pulls into your driveway after realizing they are going the wrong way down your street. The car pulls in, turns around, and leaves. Yes, they have come onto your property without permission, but were you harmed in any way? No. Therefore, a court will not "punish" the offender.

If you have been harmed in some way by the visit to your home, you may have a cause of action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">