• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brent06

My name is Brent, I'm 17 and I live in Texas. The other night, me and two friends
were going swimming at a friends vacant for sale house. He was not with us at the time but told us that we could.We pulled up in the driveway and got out.
Within minutes, police came and arrested us for trespassing. Our friends mother
said we didn't have her permission and pressed charges on us. We were in our
swimsuits and tee shirts. We taken to jail, photographed, fingerprinted and then spent the night. Do you think that this will be dismissed in court. And if not since im 17 will my record be cleared when I turn 18.

Curt581

Brent06 said:
Our friends mother said we didn't have her permission and pressed charges on us. We were in our
swimsuits and tee shirts. We taken to jail, photographed, fingerprinted and then spent the night. Do you think that this will be dismissed in court. And if not since im 17 will my record be cleared when I turn 18.
What reason would they have for dismissing it?

:confused:

The property owner was right in asking for you to be charged. The liability she would have incurred by your using a swimming pool at a vacant property is enormous.

No, your record probably won't be "cleared" just because you turned 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">