• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

curfew and possesion of alcohol juvenile law plz reply

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

felipe212

What is the name of your state? nevada

i was going to a friends house to pick up some stuff time was around 11 o clock when i enteredmy friends house there were like 20 people around all of them over 21 when i hear the door knocking and no one answers the music was a littel loud the cops walked straight into the apartment with out having anyone open the door. then the cop said u come hear i said ok so he asked me how old i was and i said 16 then he said he was going to take me to jail so what could i say i was just like why?? then he answerd beacuse ur not in ur parents house so he arrested me and took me to jail then i told him that i was not from hear that i was from germany well i am living here illegaly and my dad works in a pharmacy i have been charged before for curfuwe and defrauding inkeeper but they never gave me anything big just like comunity work i am scared to go to court . well anyways he then took me to jail and in jail they would not take me beacuse i was from germany he then gave me a ticket that i lost later so i missed my court date and it then they sended a leterin the mail that i was supposed to appear on the1/7/02 and that this matter has been reschdualed for the 1/21/02 now i am scared to go to court beacuse i am scared of getting deported or scared that i will get my dad deported too. what is theworst thing that can happen if i go to court and what will happen if i dont go?

plz reply this is very important thanks.

E

Everettkid19

Go to court

the worst thing that can happen will happen if you miss that court date again. Sorry I cant give better advice, curfew is a Misdemeanor and not too much to worry about, the bigger picture is the possesion of alcohol, and nevada state law is as follows

NRS 62.2255 Unlawful act involving alcohol or controlled substance: Suspension of or prohibition from applying for driver’s license.

1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3 and NRS 62.227, whenever a child is found to have committed the unlawful act of:

(a) Using, possessing, selling or distributing a controlled substance; or

(b) Purchasing, consuming or possessing an alcoholic beverage in violation of NRS 202.020,

the judge, or his authorized representative, shall, if the child possesses a driver’s license, issue an order suspending the driver’s license of the child for at least 90 days but not more than 2 years. The judge shall require the child to surrender his driver’s license to the court.

2. If the child does not possess a driver’s license and the child is or will be eligible to receive a driver’s license within the 2 years immediately following the date of the order, the judge, or his authorized representative, shall issue an order prohibiting the child from receiving a driver’s license for a period specified by the court which must be at least 90 days but not more than 2 years:

(a) Immediately following the date of the order, if the child is eligible to receive a driver’s license; or

(b) After the date the child will be eligible to receive a driver’s license, if the child is not eligible to receive a license on the date of the order.

3. If a child is already the subject of a court order suspending or delaying the issuance of his driver’s license, the court shall order the additional suspension or delay, as appropriate, to apply consecutively with the previous order.

Not sure how it will all go down since you are from germany, GOOD LUCK

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">