• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Current events

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ASpear

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Since my last post, my brother in law has been arrested and charged with four counts of statutory rape, and four counts of sexual assault on a minor. He currently resides at our county jail pending pre-trial in March. The judge posted bail at 20,000, with 200,000 thousand surety, at least thats what was printed in the paper. My father in law was present at the arraignment and he told us it was 1000 surety, dont know who to believe there. On the same day, another man was charged with one count of statutory rape and impregnating a minor, he was given 5000 cash bail, it seems my brother in laws bail is quite high. Could this be due to details of the case that we dont know about yet? You know he tells us that nothing happened, but the only ones who really know are himself and the girl. Apparently the state has something they found in his room, which was written by him, that is admissable as evidence against him. We dont know right now anything about the case, just what he's charged with. What kind of time is he looking at here if he is convicted? I'm not asking for him, he obviously has legal counsel now, I'm asking because I need to know what to expect, I need to be prepared, and I need to be there for my husband. I'm trying to find out anything I can. Please help me.

ASpear

I really feel for what your family is going through, I to am going through the same thing but it is my brother who they charged. His bail was set (at first) $75,000 then by monday they moved it up to $250,000, all because the girl that accused him (his step-daughter of whom he had custody of) said my brother had told her that if the cops come he was going to have a shoot out with them. My brother has NEVER owned a gun, but they took her word for it.

You are right about one thing, only two people know the truth, however (don't believe the truth will prevail) there are so many things that get twisted and turned so the prosecution looks good. It isnt about getting to the truth.

I wish you luck, my brother was convicted on an accusation alone. They took sheets into custody but the detective refused to test them, so don't always believe in what they say they have against him on evidence.

My brother is now fighting for them to test those sheets, bring the evidence forward and bring the truth on....

Again good luck..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">