• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cyberstalking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gottawonder

What is the name of your state? LA

A person in another state repeatedly sends me email and instant message threats. When I ban one ID, she starts all over with a new ID, over and over again.

She says to me directly (as well as on public forums) that I should be hurt, spreads horrible lies and accusations about me, and has promised on no uncertain terms to pursue me to the grave.

I've moved several times after she's made sure I know that SHE knows where I live.

Is this cyberstalking? Harassment? Menacing? Intentional infliction of emotional distress? Defamation? Slander?
Do I have legal options?

I have taken this matter to the police, but they treat it as something I should just ignore.

Thanks for any advice.

G

Gottawonder

I don't know WHAT to do. That's why I'm asking for advice.

O

oberauerdorf

My God! do you people leave your intelligence in the closet when you come online?

CALL YOUR PROVIDER AND FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">