• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad may have forged name on vehicle title, what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chevygirl1972

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have an old truck that I am restoring, and I have reason to suspect that my Dad may have forged my name on the title and put it in his name. (I think the title was left at his house when I moved out from home, and that is why I do not have it). I have applied for a lost title today and am waiting on the results from that, but knowing how my Dad is I have a bad feeling that this is going to get messy. The truck is a family heirloom, and I ended up with it (the title was in my name), but he thinks that I owe him money (I really don't, it's a long story as to why we are even in this mess), and would probably go as far to forge my name on it to get back at me. If he has forged my name, what can I do to get the title back in my name, and I would like to know how to go about pressing charges so I can be prepared. I appreciate any and all advice! Thanks for reading.

O

Obnoxious1

chevygirl1972 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have an old truck that I am restoring, and I have reason to suspect that my Dad may have forged my name on the title and put it in his name. (I think the title was left at his house when I moved out from home, and that is why I do not have it). I have applied for a lost title today and am waiting on the results from that, but knowing how my Dad is I have a bad feeling that this is going to get messy. The truck is a family heirloom, and I ended up with it (the title was in my name), but he thinks that I owe him money (I really don't, it's a long story as to why we are even in this mess), and would probably go as far to forge my name on it to get back at me. If he has forged my name, what can I do to get the title back in my name, and I would like to know how to go about pressing charges so I can be prepared. I appreciate any and all advice! Thanks for reading.
Come back if/when something actually happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">