• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xblade

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have been charged with damage to property. The deal is. I was talking to my ex-girlfriend while she was in her car. Her friend was driving and she pulled away the car door was still open. Somehow the door handle broke supposedly. She claimed I broke it. it may have broken when she drove away or or maybe i caught it somehow when she pulled away, but i did not see it break, She could have broken it herself when she got in the car. Even if I did break it, it would have been totally by accident. I have read the statues and it says this charge is for intentionally causing damage to property.

1. what kind of sentence am I facing?

2. Is this a fair charge considering if I did break it, it was an accident?

3. Should I get a lawer to help me beat this? I have a clean record and I would like to keep it that way.

4. Is there any other questions I should be asking.

Thank you for your help in this matter.What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have been charged with damage to property. The deal is. I was talking to my ex-girlfriend while she was in her car. Her friend was driving and she pulled away the car door was still open. Somehow the door handle broke supposedly. She claimed I broke it. it may have broken when she drove away or or maybe i caught it somehow when she pulled away, but i did not see it break, She could have broken it herself when she got in the car. Even if I did break it, it would have been totally by accident. I have read the statues and it says this charge is for intentionally causing damage to property.

1. what kind of sentence am I facing?

2. Is this a fair charge considering if I did break it, it was an accident?

3. Should I get a lawer to help me beat this? I have a clean record and I would like to keep it that way.

4. Is there any other questions I should be asking.

Thank you for your help in this matter.What is the name of your state?

In order to provide you with proper legal advice, we must first have the truth...Please edit your original post to include the truth.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">