• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

solenn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California Santa Barbara

Good afternoon,
I'm french and I went to santa barbara for 2 days one month ago and someone stole my money ($140) in my purse, the man was arrested and now his lawyer asks me for a possible arrangement because he doesn't want to go to jail. I don't know exactly how much can i propose. Do you know how much can i ask? He is not rich cause he has a public lawyer.
Thank you.
Solenn Derrien

solenn

I think $140 is not enough because I spent $300 FOR THE HOTEL, $50 for the gas to have a good moment in Santa Barbara and I spent all the evening with the police, in addition i was completely stressed about this situation because in my purse i had my passport, my house's keys...

JETX

I think $140 is not enough because I spent $300 FOR THE HOTEL, $50 for the gas to have a good moment in Santa Barbara and I spent all the evening with the police, in addition i was completely stressed about this situation because in my purse i had my passport, my house's keys...
Of course, you didn't tell us any of that before. The money part is pretty simple to figure out.... but only YOU can determine the value of the emotional and physical 'damage' to you.

solenn

This is my problem I don't know how to determine it, and maybe someone know or i have an idea about this. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">