• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter in law, in crisis...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babyblues

I hope someone can help me with these questions. My father in law, has been sent to prison for molesting his 2 young step-grand daughters. His oldest son has been sent a list from him requesting property. My first question is... Does he have any rights to this property? Second, being sentenced to 15 years in prison, do you still have rights on the outside world? We are in turmoil over this issue. Please help! I am in the state of KY. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by babyblues (edited October 15, 2000).]

T

Tracey

I don't understand what's going on. Who owns the property? What is it? Why do you think thye shouldn't have it?

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

B

babyblues

Why are you asking who I am? I do not know you and I do not know what you meant by telling me to say who I am. The facts are this: He is requesting power tools, coin collections, and a divorce. Knowing his wife is going to divorce him. He wants his eldest son to have all of these items, (except the divorce). What we don't understand is, does his wife have to give him those things other than his personal belongings? Or does he lose them for what he has done. He still believes he has done nothing wrong, even though he is in prison. We want to know because the 2 sides of family are feuding, and have put us in the middle. All I wanted was some good advice for this matter. Oh, and he also stated something about a will. What does that mean? Any advice appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">