• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DEA say's I need to cooperate or else...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

triguy

What is the name of your state? Florida

What is the name of your state? Florida
I ordered a solvent through the internet that contains gbl, which can be used to manufacture ghb. I was using the solvent for legal purposes with remodeling a home. The DEA intercepted the package, came to my house and left a business card asking me to call and discuss a "suspicious package addressed to my home" I called and spoke to the agent, who told me that the shipment was ghb and I needed to come in and speak with him and cooperate about where I bought the product, how much, what I was going to use the product for, etc. He said if I cooperated I would be charged with a misdemeanor, and if I didn't I would be charged with a felony. He said if I didn't come in and speak with him I should get an attorney and have them call him. I never received the shipment or took possession, the website which sells the product say's nothing about it being used to make ghb, or that it is illegal to use for industrial purposes. Have I committed a crime and should I go and speak with him or is there another solution. Thanks for the advice.

Bravo8

As far as I know, GBL is not a controlled substance. It can and is used to make GBH, which IS a controlled substance.

GBL does have various legitimate purposes.

Contact an attorney ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">