• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deadline for copies of evidence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lakelog

i'm in south carolina. have a general sessions court date Jan 28th. Lawyer requested discovery pack (copies of evidence) on Dec 3rd and as of Jan 4th haven't received it. What happens if there isn't enough time between time that evidence is received and court date? is there any laws protecting defendents from running out of time or is there a deadline to receive the discoveries? I have asked my lawyer's secretary this past friday these questions but she says she'll call me back but never did.

my lawyer had told me that we didn't need the general sessions court date and something along the line that he would request it all get turned over to a solicitor rather than general sessions court but how will I ever know not to report or what? I can't NOT show up due to being out on bail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">