• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The dealership started to part out my vehicle before the deal was done!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dumb1

i live in scottsdale, arizona. last week i took my 99 suzuki grand vitara into the dealer for it's 60,000 mi check up. since i had an extended warranty on it i thought it would be wise to check it out before the warranty ran out ( less than 100 miles to go before the warranty ran out ).
it was a saturday and the salesman told me that the service dept. was closed early on saturdays. the salesman talked me into buying a new car. i told him that my credit was not that good and that i was still establishing a credit record, but he insisted on selling me the car. about an hour later they let me drive off the lot with the new car. i was surprised, but thought maybe they new more than i did about my credit.
a few days into the week ( wednesday ) my credit union told me they would not approve the loan. i was not surprised. i immediately called the dealer and they told me to hang on to the new car untill the next day. i called them back the next day to find that the man i talked to was off and he would be in the following day. so i called back the following day and he told me that he would know by noon friday if they could finance me. they finally called me around 1pm friday and told me i had to return the new vehicle but there was no hurry and to return it at my leisure! the red flags went up and i returned the new vehicle as soon as i got off work around 7pm friday. they were very surprised to see me, told me that they did not expect me until tomorrow. some more red flags. i explained that i wanted to return the vehicle as soon as possible so they could sell it.
the salesman walked me over to my 99 suzuki. it was full of ants and filthy dirty but i didn't mind that ( it washes off & vaccums out ). i drove my old car around the corner to the new one so i could get my plates back ( in az you keep your plates ) i turned off my vehicle while he was putting the plates back on. when i turned the vehicle back on, the "service engine soon" light came on! at first i thought the light was on a timer according to the milage, knowing i was bringing it back in the following monday for, what i came into the dealership in the first place for, the warranty \ 60,000 mi check up. the salesman witnessed the light comming on on their lot before i left. when i got home i noticed someone had been under the hood while in the dealership's possesion. i could get fingerprints! that is how clear it is. i brought it to my brother's attention and he noticed right away a part was missing! he also told me that the "service engine soon" light used to be according to milage but is now for indicating something wrong. the part in question was there before i went to that dealership! i immediately called the saleman and took my vehicle back to him at his request, he confirmed that the part was missing and that it was freshly missing and made a statement saying he knew i couldn't have done it because i didn't have the time. having him admit this, i was told they would put it back or replace the part in the morning. i stopped by the police station and made a report because my fear is that there might be other stuff missing that i am not aware of. what kind of action should i take? i most certainly have a trust issue with this place, do i have the legal right to take it to another mechanic to have it checked out before they touch it again? did the dealership have the right to go under the hood of my car before the deal was done? they did admit they were wrong and if they can't make it right with me i would get a new car. i don't want a new car from them but i do want my car done honestly right. do i have a case against their actions? feeling pretty dumb here. Can someone please help? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">