• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealing With My Past

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zaxmom1023

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.
Please help:
I have been out of trouble with the law now for 5 years. And relocated to another state. However, I was arrested 13+ times for disorderly persons/midemeanor shoplifting and convicted 13 that I can recall. I have some open charges that need to be dealt with as well as using an alias. I used a relatives name and she is paying for what I did. I would like to clear it up for both of us.
I am married now with a small child. I also have been sober for 5 years. These were ALL things I did to support my horrible drug habit. Where can I start?
Can I just write a letter?
Can I switch venue to another state?

dequeendistress

You have open charges that need to be dealt with?

Yet you have been out of trouble for five years?

Or should this translate to:

Someone else is taking the blame for what I have done and there are active warrants for me from charges stemming from 5 years ago and how can I get out of it now?

Z

zaxmom1023

And that is y I am asking for help and direction! If you can't help don't reply. I am trying to fix it!

n_and

Someone else is taking the blame for what I have done and there are active warrants for me from charges stemming from 5 years ago and how can I get out of it now?
I'll answer that question as that's pretty much what it does break down to. You can start by hiring an attorney. You're going to need one, especially if you're trying to get off of your charges by way of drug abuse. You WON"T get off any charges, but an attorney will cut the best possible deal for you, and may be able to switch venue.
Good Luck.

dequeendistress

n_and said:
I'll answer that question as that's pretty much what it does break down to. You can start by hiring an attorney. You're going to need one, especially if you're trying to get off of your charges by way of drug abuse. You WON"T get off any charges, but an attorney will cut the best possible deal for you, and may be able to switch venue.
Good Luck.
:eek: :mad:

N_and?????

Cut a deal--WHY a fugitive for five years using the excuse that she has not been in trouble with the law...well we all know that a deal may be cut but let's not give any HOPE of it, JESUS people get themselves into these situations, why can't they take credit for the bad too...ie "I have been sober 5 years" Well goody for you...in the meantime, someone else is paying for YOUR mistake...I would cut you a good deal today...lemme tell ya

Z

zaxmom1023

dequeendistress

dequeendistress

Thanks for all of your "help" I no longer require YOUR help!To all others it is greatly apprieciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">