• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Barbwyre

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Sorry if this is the wrong board to ask this question on, I wasn't sure which one to ask on.

Eariler today I went and checked another message board I post on and saw that I was target of someone's "spam attack". The person made two posts towards me using very obscene language, I don't want to repeat what was said but if someone wants to know I'll PM them what was said, that stated that my vagina smelled like a dead fish (they said it much cruder then that). I've contacted the company that hosts the message board that this took place on. They said that they are going to look into it.

What I would like to know is if I can get this person for Defamation of Character if the comapy is able to track this person down.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Barbwyre said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

Sorry if this is the wrong board to ask this question on, I wasn't sure which one to ask on.

Eariler today I went and checked another message board I post on and saw that I was target of someone's "spam attack". The person made two posts towards me using very obscene language, I don't want to repeat what was said but if someone wants to know I'll PM them what was said, that stated that my vagina smelled like a dead fish (they said it much cruder then that). I've contacted the company that hosts the message board that this took place on. They said that they are going to look into it.

What I would like to know is if I can get this person for Defamation of Character if the comapy is able to track this person down.

My response:

If it's true, no libel occurred.

If it's opinion, no libel occurred.

If no damage to you occurred, other than hurt feelings, no libel occurred.

If no one believes it, no libel occurred.

If you're not shunned in your community, no libel occurred.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

IAAL

stephenk

on this message board, do you use your real name? did the poster address you by your real name? do you know the real name of the poster? has anyone commented on the message board about the post?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">