• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation/slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amkv

What is the name of your state? Mn.

Can anyone tell me if the words "my nephew and his friends took my handguns" is slander if the statement hasn't been proven in a court of law? What if the word "stoled" or "steals" is used?What if it's in print? Does the person have to be named to be considered slander or libel? What if something like that is put out on the internet?Thanks for your help. A.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

amkv said:
What is the name of your state? Mn.

Can anyone tell me if the words "my nephew and his friends took my handguns" is slander if the statement hasn't been proven in a court of law? What if the word "stoled" or "steals" is used?What if it's in print? Does the person have to be named to be considered slander or libel? What if something like that is put out on the internet?Thanks for your help. A.

My response:

I'm sorry. We need you to write a few more "what if" scenarios before we can help you.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Slanderous Statements Said in a Courtroom - -

NUMBER 10: He blames you for wandering through other courtrooms randomly dismissing jurors.

NUMBER 9: Your Honor, can I get that long-promised backrub from juror number 8?

NUMBER 8: Your Honor, the name of my video is NOT "How to lose weight while sitting on your ass."

NUMBER 7: Your Honor, that's a lie! I have never played Nintendo with the Menendez brothers!

NUMBER 6: Your Honor, that's a lie. I did NOT eat Exhibit A.

NUMBER 5: Whenever there's a quiet moment during a case, groan "BOOOOOORING".

NUMBER 4: Shortsheet his robes.

NUMBER 3: You wasted $10,000 on that so-called "jury hypno-wheel".

NUMBER 2: You find out later that your Judge also hosts funny, funny courtroom bloopers.

AND, NOW, the NUMBER ONE Slanderous Statement Said in a Courtroom - -

Is that a gavel in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

IAAL

Last edited:
H

hmmbrdzz

hehehah tsk tsk aahhhhh. Good top ten.

"You better watch out -- you better not shout".

What if your uncle and/or aunt tells Santa Claus that you took and/or stole their handgun but doesn't puts your name on Santa's christmas list and sends it to www.SantaClaus.com? No.

What if your uncle, Ben Clark III, and/or your aunt, Bee Jackson Clark tells Santa Claus that you, Nephew, Andy Jackson Griffith, took and/or stole their handgun and sends this list to Santa at www.SantaClaus.com? Maybe??

Did you take the gun? Can you prove you didn't? Have you considered the backlash if you try to prove you didn't? It might be worse than feeling slandered.

hmmbrdzz

Beth3

And if the word "stoled" is used, then that person's grade school grammar teacher will hunt the perpetrator down and make him or her repeat the 4th grade.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">