• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deferred judification or court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Graham

What is the name of your state? TX.

Ok in Texas we believe that if someone violates our personal property what happens to them is there fault. Point blank right, ok so my step father who no longer lives with us (me and my mom and little brother) comes to pick up my lil brother for visitation. Realizing she gave him no clothes for my lil brother since she never sees them again afterwards, he becomes ugly with my mother which i dont take kindly too and me and him have history of not getting along. This little (african guy) weighs about 180 wet and i'm 6'2 pushin 200 hundred in nothing but muscle so needless to say i didn't want to let my anger get me in more trouble than i could handle even though he derservs it for the B.S childhood he gave me...I digress anyway he the way he was parked i couldn't back out and i hit his car coming out after asking him to move it 3 times and backing up showing him i couldn't get out so i hit him on my way out, he went on to lie and say i attacked him with a bat. After that i didn't here anything from this for about 3 weeks then i here from a couple cop freinds that there is an outstanding warrant for me i turned myself in and sat in until my mom bailed me out. My question today is should i take him on in court and see what happens or should i take the deferred jud. even though its gonna keep me from getting a job for even longer because i have a criminal micheif charge because of this and it's a felonly what do i do?

Graham

why am i guitly? would it have been better honestly if i had just shot him? for not leaving our property?

HappyHusband

why am i guitly? would it have been better honestly if i had just shot him? for not leaving our property?
You never said you told him to leave.
You are guilty because you intentionally caused damage to his property, apparantly more than $1500 because you said the charge is a felony.
You should accept the best deal you can.

Silverplum

He came to pick up his son for his court ordered visitation time. And you decided to make a physical fight out of it.

It's not your property to "defend." It's your mother's, and quite possibly your stepfather's. But it's not yours.

It's not your son. :mad:

It's not your court order.

Guilty as can be.
What is the name of your state? TX.

Ok in Texas we believe that if someone violates our personal property what happens to them is there fault. Point blank right, ok so my step father who no longer lives with us (me and my mom and little brother) comes to pick up my lil brother for visitation. Realizing she gave him no clothes for my lil brother since she never sees them again afterwards, he becomes ugly with my mother which i dont take kindly too and me and him have history of not getting along. This little (african guy) weighs about 180 wet and i'm 6'2 pushin 200 hundred in nothing but muscle so needless to say i didn't want to let my anger get me in more trouble than i could handle even though he derservs it for the B.S childhood he gave me...I digress anyway he the way he was parked i couldn't back out and i hit his car coming out after asking him to move it 3 times and backing up showing him i couldn't get out so i hit him on my way out, he went on to lie and say i attacked him with a bat. After that i didn't here anything from this for about 3 weeks then i here from a couple cop freinds that there is an outstanding warrant for me i turned myself in and sat in until my mom bailed me out. My question today is should i take him on in court and see what happens or should i take the deferred jud. even though its gonna keep me from getting a job for even longer because i have a criminal micheif charge because of this and it's a felonly what do i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">