• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denaturalisation Abroad and Travel with an Invalid Pass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kassar

Hello,

my friend is a student, permanent resident of Germany, who comes from Kazakhstan and has been living in Germany for 9.5 years. 1.5 years ago, he has applied for his naturalization in Germany and 4 months later got a naturalization assurance with which he went to the Kazakh consulate and requested his withdrawal from the Kazakh nationality.

The processing of the application for discharge takes unfortunately quite long and it is so that the President signs the outlet, then the applicant receives by post a letter that he has to leave his passport at the consulate within one month to get the document about his denaturalization with this then to apply for naturalization certificate . If he does not submit his passport within this month, this will be announced as invalid.

Now , 10 months after the application for the exit , he went to the USA for 2 semesters abroad .

Before his stay abroad he went to the immigration office submitted the translated certificate that he has quickly sought to withdraw from his previous nationality, asked for a preliminary acceptance of German citizenship , as his resignation from the Kazakh nationality is only a question of time. His request was rejected. Now he regrets also that he had not applied for the provisional acceptance of German citizenship in writing , otherwise he could show maybe more.

Well, he is going in a few weeks back from the USA, but 5 months ago he his parents told him, that they have received the letter for him from the consulate. So, for 4 months his passport has been no longer valid. Well, he couldn't have done anything anyways there, so to go in the United States to another city to the Kasakh Consulate , ask them to take his passport somehow there, even though he should be submitted in the consulate in Germany , then if everything goes perfectly that to go to the German Consulate, and to apply there for the certificate of naturalization , then wait for months and only then to apply for a German passport in the same consulate. In addition, the entire study abroad would be pointless because he would have missed pretty much everything and his wallet was empty. Yes, and he can't longer remain there, because his visa expires in 2 weeks.
What can it threaten him that he would get caught at the American boundary invalid passport? He would have the assurance of naturalization with him, but I don't think, it would help him. Would they put him in prison anyways and then send in an uncertain country?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

justalayman

What can it threaten him that he would get caught at the American boundary invalid passport?
you said he didn't have any passport, remember?

then the applicant receives by post a letter that he has to leave his passport at the consulate within one month to get the document about his denaturalization with this then to apply for naturalization certificate .
If you denounce your citizenship, you don't get a passport from that country.

kassar

you said he didn't have any passport, remember?

hmm, probably, it was a misunderstanding. When he got into the USA his passport was still valid and then düring his stay in the USA the president signed the document about his release from his former citizenship and that's why his passport got invalid.

If you denounce your citizenship, you don't get a passport from that country.
sorry, I don't really understand, where I denounced my citizenship. Or what do you mean?

Dave1952

An interesting problem, has your friend discussed these matters with the consulate of Germany? I gather that his visa to live in the US will soon expire and he can not enter Germany without a passport. Can his parents afford a lawyer?

kassar

An interesting problem, has your friend discussed these matters with the consulate of Germany? I gather that his visa to live in the US will soon expire and he can not enter Germany without a passport. Can his parents afford a lawyer?
yes, he has, but getting passport through the consulate would last at least half a year. Yes, the visa will expire in 3 weeks. But in fact his visa has already expired, as the passport, which this visa is, is invalid now.
No, the parents can't afford a lawyer, but could he help, if there is no way out?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

This is not a US issue. This forum is for US issues. There are international immigration forums that he can probably get some specific help with Germany on.

kassar

This is not a US issue. This forum is for US issues. There are international immigration forums that he can probably get some specific help with Germany on.
but my question was, what can him threaten in the USA, according to the US law.

FlyingRon

but my question was, what can him threaten in the USA, according to the US law.
You'll have to repeat the question in English.

His visa is not valid if the passport isn't, but a visa only covers ENTERING the country. The arrival/departure record covers the validity of the stay. He'll have a hard time leaving, but not so much because the US cares that his passport is not longer valid (but they probably will make note of that) but again that most carriers will not want someone boarding who can't be admitted at the destination (i.e., no passport). Further, he may not even make it through security in some US departure points with an invalid passport.

If he just stays here (if that's what your asking) and overstays, then it's possible he might get a future ban depending on how long he pushes it.

kassar

oh, sorry for my English.
So, no, he isn't going to stay in the USA. He wants somehow leave the USA.

kassar

Read my lips: He can't go anywhere without a passport.
please, sorry my confusion. But can he stay without a passport? Or would he stay the in prison? Or what could happen if not staying in prison? How could he get passport and what passport could it be?

justalayman

he would get a passport from whatever country is his home country.

if his visa expires and he doesn't leave, he could be subject to deportation.

Dave1952

Your friend must gain German citizenship and then get a German passport. I gather that much of the paperwork for citizenship is done. When will your friend become a German? Once your friend becomes German, it will take 6 mo. to obtain a passport. According to the web-site for the New York Consulate, student internships are available which may provide some employment. I presume that with citizenship and a passport that the German Consulate will be able to have your friend admitted to Germany. Once your friend is in Germany he can look into getting a student visa. I think, though, that this will be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">