• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desertion While getting EPTYS Desertion while recieving EPTS Discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

medic2006

New York State
i am writing because my brother went AWOL from fort Benning GA last month while he was being dishcharged from the reception battalion he has never trainined and is not a soldier. he is now listed as DEserter he was being discharged for a mental disorder and they told him he was no trainable and could not be in the armed forces. He has contacted his Congressman and they are helping him with this but what does he have to face . will the police come pick him up? they were going to revoke his orders but the MEPS said they couldnt becuase he went to the Reception already? if you can assist with this and let me know what to do

William,

HomeGuru

medic2006 said:
New York State
i am writing because my brother went AWOL from fort Benning GA last month while he was being dishcharged from the reception battalion he has never trainined and is not a soldier. he is now listed as DEserter he was being discharged for a mental disorder and they told him he was no trainable and could not be in the armed forces. He has contacted his Congressman and they are helping him with this but what does he have to face . will the police come pick him up? they were going to revoke his orders but the MEPS said they couldnt becuase he went to the Reception already? if you can assist with this and let me know what to do

William,
**A: he can plead insanity.

M

medic2006

he can plead insanity? then threy will put him in a nuthouse?

L

loocpoc

Your brother is a solider and he committed a federal crime. He signed the DD Form2 (enlistment papers) and he went and became a deserter. If you have DOCUMENTED proof that he is mentally unstable, I suggest you forward it to the Reciption Batallion and have your brother go to the nearest military recruiter/MEPS/military instillation and turn himself in for discharge.

The police can pick him up as desertion is the only military charge that Congress specifically mentioned in giving to Civil authorities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">