• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

detective leaves card at mailbox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lindseymaexo

I'm from Ohio well a Detective left their card at my mailbox they didn't knock or anything what do i do? all it does it say there name and for someone to call them? i'm scared i'm only 23 years old and i don't know what is going to happen what so ever because i've never been in trouble i mean they left a card and on the back it's saying please call me it doesn't say for whom to call them though so what should i do?

Last edited:

Silverplum

I'm from Ohio well a Detective left their card at my mailbox they didn't lock or anything what do i do? all it does it say there name and for someone to call them? i'm scared i'm only 23 years old and i don't know what is going to happen what so ever because i've never been in trouble i mean they left a card and on the back it's saying please call me it doesn't say for whom to call them though so what should i do?
Call the Detective.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
But it doesn't state whom to call them though?
Then don't call. They'll find you if they really want you.

I would like to point out that this can be something as simple as them performing a background check on an acquaintance.

Silverplum

But it doesn't state whom to call them though?
You wrote it was left at your mailbox. Call the number, tell your name, ask what's up. This does not have to be difficult.

I've had the FBI at my door, in person. Two agents, in fact. They were doing background on our next door neighbor. My H told them he felt uncomfortable discussing her without having been told by her that she was being investigated. Once he got the all-clear, he answered the FBI's questions.

TigerD

I'm from Ohio well a Detective left their card at my mailbox they didn't knock or anything what do i do? all it does it say there name and for someone to call them? i'm scared i'm only 23 years old and i don't know what is going to happen what so ever because i've never been in trouble i mean they left a card and on the back it's saying please call me it doesn't say for whom to call them though so what should i do?
If you have never been in trouble and haven't done anything, why are you scared?

My standing advice:
Never talk to the police. They aren't there to help you.

DC

CdwJava

If you have never been in trouble and haven't done anything, why are you scared?

My standing advice:
Never talk to the police. They aren't there to help you.

DC
But, they might be there to help a friend. If you do not talk to the police, the crime you may be a witness to may go unsolved. God forbid you should be a victim and the people that might help refuse to talk to the police.

It should be noted that the vast majority of people we talk to are NOT suspects.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We have the FBI and the DOD come doing background checks at our office so often we're on a first name basis with them. "Oh, hi Harold, who do you need to check on today? Okay, have a seat, be right with you."

Seriously, there is NO reason to assume you're in any kind of trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">