• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did the Goverment commit a crime 9/11?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Holystarbucks

Manhattan, NY September 19th, 2002 (Government address)

Is this below, Involuntary manslaughter?

Over 2,500 people die and you fail to warn or do anything to prevent it. I would say at least, tell the people that worked in the World Trade Center that there was evidence that a crime was about to be committed.

Is this below, Criminal negligence?

The government was negligent because it has a responsibility to protect its citizens. By not warning all the people of the United States they had a evidence that a crime was about to be committed, not just the 2,500 plus that died. Everyone that could somehow be affected: family, friends, etc…

If either is a Crime, isn’t the punishment Jail? Please help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No.

According to all available data (or at least what the government is telling us), is that they did, in fact, have threats of violence. However, there was NO specific time, or place; i.e., there was no specificity that a building would be attacked by air.

Even if the government did tell us, how could they tell us how to "protect" ourselves if no one knew how or when the attack would take place, or in what manner, or if there would be buildings involved?

IAAL

Bravo8

I'd agree with IAAL, but have one question.....

Holy, explain why the gooberment has any legal obligation to protect the citizenry.

SCOTUS recently ruled that the police have no obligation to protect you. I realize the situation is a bit different than the one you present, but could it not be applied to a larger scale (after all, the executive branch of the Federal Gov't is law enforcement).

H

Holystarbucks

Ethics and Fiduciary responsibly

If someone knows something is dangerous they have a Ethical and Fiduciary responsibly to tell the people effected.

Government examples of reducing risk:

Cigarette warnings on the labels. (Consumer protection)
Hard Hats required in work area (OSHA)
Eating Raw Fish can increase your risk of food born illness (Food and Drug)
No guns or weapons on plans (FAA)
Do not throw tires, batteries, etc, in the trash. (EPA)

Telling the people that work in the World Trade Center that there is EVIDENCE and we believe you are in a very high risk area for Terrorist attacks “might have been enough”.

Bravo8

Holy, I understand that....but do they have a legal responsibility?

All those examples you cite are the Government telling someone else what they must do. I am asking where the Government becomes responsible from a legal standpoint, amking them subject to civil or criminal penalties as you originally suggested.

sunfall

Cigarettes are a clear, defined hazard, for which it is easy to warn about.

Warning that somebody, somewhere in the US would be committing a terrorist act sometime in the month of september, is like slapping a label on the grocery store saying, "One of these products, used correctly could kill you". True, but hardly helpful.

Beth3

Holy, if you chose to get in your car today and drive somewhere, it's possible the driver of another vehicle may run into you and kill you.

There. Feel better now?

R

RedneckRoy

Them people at the World Trade Center got their warning back in '93. The world knew then that them terrorists wanted to take down those buildings and one day would try again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">