• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did i commit a crime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gioelite68

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york state

i am in nys and this is what happened. a friend and i bought some scooters from a online dealership. basically the price was good if i became a "dealer' with the company located in ohio. so i went ahead and created a business name off the cuff.
long story short i sold 1 of the scooters with an ohio title bearing my 'business name" and my personal name. the title is not accepted in nys state and i personally chalk it up to lesson learned. i am stuck with 3 scooters i cant do anything with unless i have the titles fixed.

the reason for this inquiry is that the person i sold the 1 and only scooter to has run into this problem and has been waiting patiently for me to try and correct the title.(approx 30 days) essentially after hours on the phone and standing in line myself...i am just wanting to issue the guy a full refund for the purchase price of $750 and be done with it. i contacted him and told him the issues i was also having and that i wanted to give him a refund and instead of being met with joy that i would offer him full refund....he is coming at me as if i commited a crime? threatening me with calling the cops and listing these ridiculous demands of me now.

have i commited a crime? is this criminal or a civil matter?
i had good intentions and did not intend any kind of fraud?
did i commit a crime by initially buying these scooters with a made up business name from this ohio internet dealer and shipping the scooters to me her in ny?

more importantly...what does this guy think he has on me all a sudden because i offered him a full refund?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">