• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difference between a right of way and easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kruser

What is the name of your state? Florida . Differnce between a right of way and a easement?. can either be bought from a previous owner?. 2 lots in line with mine, one had a house and was sold. the other was a lot that was later built on. there is a strip about 8' wide between my 2 lots and theirs.old house 8 ' is still open. the new house now has a fence next to my property line full length, and over to the house and across the whole backyard of the front house. is there something more than a right of way or easement?. i have a copy of tax description is there something else?.

stephenk

pay to have your propety surveyed to determine the actual property lines. Your county records department should have property description when the plots were originally laid out.

Kruser

I did that to put up a privacy fence, also have old 2"square cement markers on my 4 lots. i was wondering about his property, and fenceing of that 8' right of way or easement. i placed a 2 ft hi steel stake on my side of the marker in front of his house for mowing and blowing leaves twice he removed them. my markers are at ground level and not easily seen. his guests were parking on my property and making ruts. i think there is going to be a problem soon , thats why i'm starting now. thanks for the response.

stephenk

have you talked to your neighbor?

If he is not cooperative, the only other option would be to file a civil suit to determine property lines and easements.

HomeGuru

This is not a criminal law thread folks.

Let's make sure the threads are in the proper forum please.

Kruser

I don't understan, coming on private property and removing a property marker is that not tresspasing, and stealing private property?. what is smacking the wimp, to keep his buddys cars off my property, just to get his attention!.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">