• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DIP/Faked ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elretador

coming back home my brother stopped and pulled over onto shoulder because he had been drinking and was too tired to keep driving. He was with my younger brother. Apparently someone called the fire department whose sirens awoke my two brothers when they arrived. They both stepped out of the car to talk to the firefighters and then a trooper arrived. My older brother was tested and was arrested for DUI. My other brother was not tested, but was charged with a Drunk in Public, He tab the officer on his shoulder to asking a question and he was given a ticket for obstruction of justice, He then scared, to be given more charges gave the trooper a fake ID when he was asked to identified himself. Both were taken to jail, but my younger brother was arrested under the fake ID's name and number. I bailed both of them, but I am concern about my younger brother he is 18.
Question:
My 18 year old brother has signed for the marines and fears these charges will afect his enrollment. Does he have to show up in court under the fake name or does it have to let the officer know? What is your suggestion? Are these misdemeanors? What's the worst case scenario for my younger brother? How much would it cost to hire a lawyer?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

B

bellestar

well if you ask me they dont know your brother even exists. all they know of is the alias he gave them. so even if he dont show up to court. who cares. they are not looking for your brother but the person who he said he was. if he really wants to go to court. he will have to go as the person he said he was other wise they will arrest him with more charges/impersonation, etc....good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">