• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharging Firearm law in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edmund_o

Harris County, Georgia.
I have already have a complaint in against my neighbor for firing his shotgun in the air scaring my dogs, horses and threatening my wife. I need to know the law for the distance that he can legaly discharge his firearm from his 2 acre lot.

I am on two sides of his two arces and the public road in on the other side (he is bounded by another nieghbor on the other side). It is a rural area so gun fire is normal in the county, but he is firing his shotgun to wake my family every morning.

I have read on many laws of the gun web sites that it is 50 yard from the nearest paved road, but what about neighbor property line or other conditions.

The local sheriff department seems not to do anything about it. I was reported by the same nieghbor for firing my own firearms on my property 500 feet inside my property line. I wan to stay with in the law, but i want my neighbor too. HELP what is the law? I have looked everywhere.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">