• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovery Package

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Genny-wv

West Virginia - A friend of mine was arrested in March for possession of 10 pounds of pot. A month or so later he was indicted by the Grand Jury for conspiring to distribute cocaine and pot, along with 3 counts of selling cocaine to a "confidential informer". My friend's lawyer discussed the "discovery package" with my friend, but my friend was never allowed to see or hear anything the discovery package contained. My friend was sentenced to 135 months in prison in October. He then requested to see the discovery package. The lawyer told him that there would be some "things" that he would not be able to let him see, but he would send him what he could sometime later. It is normal for a lawyer to withhold the actual viewing of the discovery package with his client? And are there some "things" in a discovery package that the accused cannot see?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">