• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dismissed charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debs29

What is the name of your state? NJ
i went to court for assult charges and the case was dismissed due to lack of prosecution.(other party did not show up to court.)now 15 days later I received a notice in the mail stating I must appear in court as the case has been rescheduled. can these same charges be brought against me after the prosecutor requested the judge to dismiss the charges due to lack of prosecution?:confused:

JETX

"i went to court for assult charges and the case was dismissed due to lack of prosecution.(other party did not show up to court.)now 15 days later I received a notice in the mail stating I must appear in court as the case has been rescheduled. can these same charges be brought against me after the prosecutor requested the judge to dismiss the charges due to lack of prosecution?"
*** Yep. Do you really think that the prosecutor is so concerned about getting you that he/she would do this knowing that it wasn't legal??? Of course not. They can refile.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">