• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disney not a fun experience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

messiah

What is the name of your state? Florida

On Dec 25, 2003 my family and I went to Downtown Disney while visiting in Orlando, FL (Family Retreat). We Arrived about 12am. We got in line to purchase tickets. When we got to the ticket counter we asked about several discounts that may appy but non applied we stepped out of line to discuss if that was what we wanted to do purchase tickets for the amount of 25 dollars. We got back in line and there was a couple in front of us that only paid 10 dollars for a ticket and I asked the cashier when I got to the ticket counter what kind of card did the couple prior to us have she told me that it was none of my business. I told her it was my business to know the business of Disney what if I have a card like that I asked she said you don't. I asked for her to get her manager and she said that she would after we all paid to go inside and retrieved our tickets I aske the cashier if she had called the manager she said NO I'll call him I told her you keep telling me that you will call him but you haven't. We waited a little while for the manager he never came. We went inside and began to have what we thought was a good time. about 25 min later a guy came up and asked if he could speak to me I said sure not knowing what was going on it was the manager he wanted to find out what happen at the ticket counter I thought he was concern for the customers. He told me that he had a cast member crying her eyes out because I called her a liar that simply not the truth, But I need to make it right. By that time my husband and other family members came out because they had
no clue to what was going on. My husband asked what was going on and he told him and stated again that I will need to make it right My husband ask what do you mean make it right he said she needs to come apologize to my cast member if she wants to stay here. My husband than replied you are crazy she's not oing that your cast member was rude to my wife. He said while you will need to leave I my cousin you are treating us like we are criminal why should we leave. I said this is unfair I'm not leaving by that time they called in about 9 security guards for people that were not being violent or rude in any way. We left because we didn't want any trouble. Do I have a case them for harrassement??

L

Lucky4me

Messiah, a few questions for you.

#1- Was it midnight or noon on Christmas day?
#2- By Downtown Disney do you mean Disney Quest or Pleasure Island? (Were you dancing or playing video games?)
#3- Why do you think Disney owed you a discount?
#4-Why do you think the CM should have told you what kind of discount the person in front of you had?

Thank you! :)

C

CoSGirl

Where were you able to get $25 tickets for Disney. Heck I'd jump at a ticket price like that.
I think that the ticket taker must have been skimming or related to the people in front of you if they could gain access to Disney World for 10 bucks!
From my experience you have minimized your reaction and rantings to the poor cast member and if you acquiesced to leave there is much more than what you're telling us.
You have no case, and just be thankful you're not banned for life from the place.
Maybe go to WallyWorld next time.

M

messiah

CoSGirl, I don't think you read my post. We were not at Disney World. It was Downtown Disney (Pleasure Island). I have no reason to leave anything out. How would that benefit me?
The cast member could have been scheming and maybe that's why she lied to her manager when she finally decided to call him. Possibly scared that I would mention the amount she sold the tickets to the couple in front of us. At any rate that's neither here nor there.
In recently speaking with Disney directly this was not proper protocol. I also found out the manager that treated us so unfairly was fired from Downtown Disney.

C

CoSGirl

Actually I DID read your post. Downtown Disney could refer to the Rainforest Cafe, Disney Quest, Cirque, Pleasure Island or any assortment of places.
Interesting how the manager has now been "fired". The information and embellishments seem to grow with each post :rolleyes:
To even feel you're entitled to ANYTHING is a total joke. Get on with your life. It wasn't a life altering occurrence. Trying to sue for something like this is ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself for even considering it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">