• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disorderly conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kpoco4

What is the name of your state? Washington
my fiance has been charged with disorderly conduct.
this happened due to several years of threats of bodily harm by my uncle to my finace.
we went to court this morning, my fiance pled not guilty, asked for a jury trial, was given a notice of appointment of attorney and set a pre-trial hearing.
my concern is that he will not get sufficient cousel through a public defender and we can not afford the expence of an attorney (public defender).
please tell me the definition of disorderly conduct, if convicted what is the possible sentence
how can we protect my fiance from further threats of bodily harm.

racer72

Disorderly conduct can range from telling a cop no to a request and up to participating in a riot. There is no way we can tell what will happen in the trial or sentencing. You do not state the actual charges against your fiance. To protect himself in the future, your fiance should obtain a restraining order against your uncle.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Have your boyfriend practice lines like these for court - -

"YOU'RE out of order! YOU'RE out of order!

I'm not out of order. THE WHOLE TRIAL is out of order! THEY'RE out of order!"

or

"You want the truth?

Yes.

You can't handle the truth!"

IAAL

stephenk

The judge may respond, "Bailiff, whack his pee-pee!"

okay, IAAL, what comedy album did that line come from?

K

kpoco4

am i to assume that your comedy routine is telling me that this is not as big of a
deal as i thought it was?
I do believe that it was cheech and chong "up in smoke", thanks for the laugh.
another question: would you say it would be better to hire an attorney than to use
a public defender?
i just recently went bankrupt and can't afford an attorney, but he deserves good
representation and i fear that a public defender will not work as hard as an
attorney that we pay.

stephenk

public defenders work hard and know the ins and outs of the courtroom and deal with the prosecutors on a daily basis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">