• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disorderly conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confused62

What is the name of your state? SC
What does it mean to be charged with disorderly conduct?
How can they arrest me and put me in jail for this?
Can't I get an attorny apointed?

I am very scared as to what this will do to my record.
I didn't think I had commited a crime.

D

DRN

Can you provide a teensy bit more detail about what you did? It would help in formulating an answer for you.

C

confused62

I was stopped by county police, the officer asked for license and registration and asked if I realized I was swerving in to the medium. I said no I didn't realize that, handed him my drivers license and continued to look for the registration card. He walked away as I did that. I dumped my purse in the passenger seat looking franictly through all of this for a special plastic coated container that my registration card stays in !!!!! Never found it. (next day found it in the floorboard behind my set) Then he asked me to get out of the car and walk to the back of the car. I had 4 in high hill shoes that I took off. He asked me wear my shoes were I tried to explain. Then he pushed me up against the back of my car an pulled my arms behind me and cuffed me while reading my rights. When I heard this I freak and could not stop crying. He asked if anyone could be called. I said no there is no one. He put me in the back of the police car and left me car in the medium. I was taken to the county detention center, booked, and treated terriable there, I didn't understand why I was there and they took this as being uncooperative. Trust me this is not the case. I am so confused as to what disorderly conduct took place here and I called the magistrate's office and was told that a public defender will not be provided for this.

So, now what? Do you have a definition for the charge?
thanks

H

hmmbrdzz

Hi Confused62: Does this have anything to do with the other incident regarding the restraining order / bar / establishment?
(I did a search since you had 3 posts and was wondering if that was perhaps related to this).

hmmbrdzz

C

confused62

No it doesn't have anything to do with that.

P.S. I had taken a violent man to court for three incedents of violence to me and property damage in a month, to court for a restraing order, he showed up with a witness that lied and said I harrassed him twice at a pub. So, then it was a dual restraining order. Which really didn't matter to me I just want him to stay away from me.

I am not a violent person at all if that is what you are asking.

F

furnacerepairma

I can't find SC Code on the net...... However Iowa Code is Type in Disorderly Conduct 723.4 Iowa Code and it tells what it is in Iowa.
However your state is probably different but close.... and no I am not a #@!$#@%$ lawyer....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">